IPL 2020 in UAE is back again with its annual celebration of the best that cricket has to offer. The 13th edition of the celebrated tournament is scheduled for 19th September to 10th November. Firstly, with the dates finalized, the teams are going through some training time to acclimatize to the change in location. The change in location does open up a few challenges for those keen on betting on the tournament. So, here’s a cursory analysis on who we feel could stand in good stead this year.
Our IPL 2020 in UAE winner
The BCCI has announced the tentative dates for the tournament to be held this year. Hence, the expectations are already soaring high. IPL 2020 UAE predictions have become the order of the day with bookmakers and punters trying to establish fair odds. However, keeping the IPL daily match prediction aside, the question on everyone’s mind is who has the best chances of being this year’s champion. Here’s a look at our favourites:
- Mumbai Indians – The four-time champions are going in as hot favourites. The team has displayed a remarkable consistency over the past few years. Moreover, their squad consists of seasoned performers like Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah. However, this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the loss of players like Pollard and Boult might prove to be their undoing.
- Chennai Super Kings – The Chennai Super Kings have been one of the most consistent performers of the tournament throughout its history. Above all, The team goes into the 13th edition with seasoned domestic players like Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, and Harbhajan Singh. Led by the experienced M.S. Dhoni, this team looks all set to rock this season as the absence of foreign players hasn’t really deterred them.
What else can we expect from IPL 2020 in UAE this year?
The proposal to play IPL behind closed doors has made it extremely difficult for analysts to issue IPL prediction reports. With the UAE being the location of choice, it is now anyone’s guess what this tournament might conjure up. Here are a few things that we can expect from this year’s IPL:
- Fresh match winners – This year’s IPL is going to miss out on a lot of international stars who’ll probably not play due to the ongoing pandemic. This gap could potentially be filled up by the younger domestic players from Indian. These players may not have the experience to perform on international platforms and nor have they played outside the subcontinent for that matter.
- Experience counts – Players like Harbhajan Singh, M.S. Dhoni, and Dinesh Karthik who have been playing for a considerable number of years could better guide their teams. An experienced player is always an asset to the team, especially in uncharted territory, and in this case, the team with the most experienced players stand better prepared.
- Adaptability is the key – The conditions in UAE vastly differ from the subcontinental conditions. Adaptability will be a key feature. The faster the players can adapt to such conditions, the better can they tackle the conditions.
- All-round teamwork is essential – The absence of foreign players are going to affect some teams more than others. Teams with batting or bowling lineups heavily dependent on foreign players can suffer. As a general rule, in the absence of one-stop performers, the entire team has to perform consistently as one single unit. Each player will have to live up to his role without fail. The winning team is likely to perform as an all-rounder team.
Which teams will reach the IPL 2020 in UAE Playoffs?
Anyone watching IPL often involves themselves in casual IPL predictions. However, we bring you a list based on statistics instead of baseless conjecture. The teams selected have the potential to qualify for playoffs not merely due to their consistency but also due to their experience, team structure, and ability to play outside the subcontinent. However, this list is by no means absolute:
- Mumbai Indians – The last five years have been a great phase for this team as they have won the tournament three times. The consistency and strategy of Mumbai Indians is well chalked out and implemented. Their past records speak for themselves.
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK has had an unbelievable consistency in the Indian premier league with the best winning percentage among all the teams at 61.28%, and have also appeared in 10 playoffs and eight finals of the IPL.
- Kolkata Knight Riders – The Kolkata Knight Riders have not been in the thick of things for quite some time now. But this year, the absence of Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Eoin Morgan, and Sunil Narine might come as a blessing in disguise. The likes of Shubham Gill, Kuldeep Yadav, and Nitish Rana could emerge as potential match-winners for the side.
- Delhi Capitals – As far as domestic teams go, the Delhi Capitals have some of the best names in their lineup. In the likes of Shikhar Dhawan, Rahane, Rishabh Pant, and Prithvi Shaw, they have some of the best players at the moment. In addition of Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, and Amit Mishra, their lethal bowling lineup looks great too. This makes the Delhi Capitals a complete all-rounder.
Who will end up at the bottom table of the IPL 2020 in UAE?
Most people wonder about the big question: Who will be the IPL 2020 winner? A methodical punter, however, should also keep track of the teams that could end up at the bottom of the table. Keeping track of such teams has a dual advantage. The bettor could choose to bet against them on individual matches since they have a greater chance of losing matches. Also, if the bettor is going for the long shot tournament winner, then they could zero-in on the teams most likely to win.
- Rajasthan Royals – Rajasthan Royals is generally considered a strong team. However, with the pandemic, their overseas batting lineup consisting of Steve Smith, Jos Butler, and Ben Stokes could be unavailable. This absence could spell disaster for the team leaning heavily on the foreign players. At the moment, the team does not look like a formidable unit on paper, and it will be interesting to see how they take to the circumstances.
- Kings XI Punjab – The Kings XI Punjab is one of the strongest sides when it comes to their batting lineup. However, the team lacks the requisite firepower in the bowling department. There are no credible or experienced names apart from Shami, and this could prove to be their undoing.
IPL 2020 UAE Stadium Venue
- Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium
- Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium
Conclusion of IPL 2020
IPL 2020, if it takes place as per the BCCI schedule, will be very different from the previous editions. The teams would mostly be playing without the support of their foreign players. Plus, a vast majority of the players will be playing in UAE for the first time. Hence, the conventional strategies that had worked in the subcontinent would now need to be debunked and re-planned. In the betting world, this could translate into a serious problem for the punters because of the lack of predictability. It would be best to bet on experienced players with a proven track record and keep an eye out for newer players to bet on.
For IPL 2020 Schedule, Venue and IST Timing Click here